so, sorry about the lack of updating. i've taken a ton and tons of pictures, it's the sitting there and picking ones to upload that i have a hard time with. this update is for brooke, because she told me that i needed to update some more. so here you are, just for you! ^_~
background: pictures 12 to 17 come from the tuckerton decoy show at tip seaman's park. pictures 7-11 come from the batsto craft festival. and pictures 1,2, and 4-6 are from the bay at the end of my street.
1. i love the way the clouds seem to be closing in on the small patch of open sky.
2. mom said it looked like Armagedon was approaching in this one.
3. I am stupidly excited about my new sound system. that's the main unit and one of the speakers. yes, they are that small and slim and skinny. yes, it has a Huge subwoofer. no, i am not selling it. (also, you can see the color i painted my room. it's a little more purple then it looks. the color is a bit washed out here)
4. this is the view from the bridge over Roundabout Creek with the full moon.
5. this picture is sort of creepy. but in a good way.
6. I've never seen a bigger moon rise in a sky so light and pastel. Very unusal colors for a sunset.
7. Chainsaw art. Yup, that's right. you didn't misread it. welcome to south jersey. XD (i think it would make a neat walking stick top)
8.the biggest dragonfly i've ever seen. also chainsaw art.
9. more chainsaw art. this guy's unfinished. he's the Jersey Devil, in case you couldn't tell.
10. the lake. i'm not sure if it has a name, and if it does, what that name is. it was super windy though. very hard to get this shot, blown backwards from the wind.
11. the water from the lake that gets channeled under the bridge to run the saw mill. i've never seen it churn so much or so fast. from all the wind again, and the rain.
12. from left to right: Aunt Karen, Aunt Patty George (george being her madien name, we call her that so not to confuse her with our Aunt Patty. Or Aunt Patsy.), and my Grandmom. i find it funny that they are all looking in different directions. none being the cammera.
13. this is the reason why i only have one picture on myspace and the like. this is also the reason why it's a Bad, bad idea to let my mom around my cammera. or anyone's cammera, for that matter. also, you know the game where's waldo? well, in this picture you can play "Where's Kenny?" (who's my little 7 year old cousin.) hmmm, i wonder...
14. not the cutest puppy at the show. but he is sleeping with his little ear in the water bowl. i couldn't resist! ^_^
15. the popularity of the chainsaw art is spreading. these are Not the same people at Batsto, however.
16. my darling little cousin...so cute, isn't he?
17. me fooling around with the cammera. from where we were at during the show, that's the view when i looked up. also that's my cammera's "foliage" shots.
18. this is the view of our lagoon at sunrise. no, i did not get up that early to take it (though, it would be worth it, from the looks of it) my mom took this one.
thank you again for putting up with the lack of LJ cuts and sizing. one of these days, you won't shake your fist at your Flist. promise...
Kara Current Mood: bouncy